从这篇文章开始，进入联盟营销 (Affiliate Marketing)之 POP 流量的终极教程系列。主要详细讲解一下 POP 流量的类型，以及 POP 流量的 Tiers.
Example: You're reading an article on any website and seeing a banner. Then you click on this banner and move to the advertiser's landing page (site). In this case the site, where you read the article gets paid for what he puts an advertisement. An advertiser pays for his ads are showed and people click on these banners. You, when you click the advertisement, are traffic. I know it can sounds strange for profi, but I try to tell as much as easy.
So traffic is people who come to our website (to our landing pages).
And we will "buy" these people, i.e. we will pay for each person who visit our site and see our advertisement. We will pay a traffic source which connect publishers (people who have their own sites) and advertisers (people who need traffic for their sites - so it's we!).
Under Lead I mean fulfillment of the necessary action on the offer's site. For example: Signing Up, Install, purchase of goods.
So you can and you will buy the traffic from different sources, you can also get a free traffic from some sources (like social spam etc), but I won't tell about that.
Traffic can very differ from source to source. From how much quality traffic you buy, your profit will depend directly. And please don't think that each source have similar traffic quality. That is not a true. You need to choose good sources for a good profit (but I will tell you which sources you can use). Because there are a lot of sources with bot-traffic or low-quality traffic. And you need to be careful in choosing sources.
There a lot of different traffic types on the internet and therefore people use different ad types.
Among the main types of traffic can be identified: POP-traffic, Banners, Native, Social, Search, In-App. But we will consider only the POP, because that is a theme of my guide.
Pop-traffic - one of the most annoying types of traffic. Its action is based on the pop-up tabs when you click on a specific location on the publisher's site. I think everyone faced with this type of traffic. For example, when you visit a porn tube, click on any place on the site (in the menu, link, etc.), and in a new tab your browser open a second page on a different domain, which has no relation to the original site.
Pop Under ads open a new browser window hidden under the active window. They do not interrupt the user immediately and are not seen until the covering window is closed.
Pop traffic is divided into 2 types:
1) PopUp (from the word "up") - our site opens over the original site. That is, the focus moves to the advertising site (the person sees an ad site, and the original site is still on the other tab which is not open).
2) PopUnder (from the word "under") - our site opens behind the original site. The focus is still on the original site (the person sees on the screen the original site, but there are a new tab with an advertising site, but this tub is not active).
Of course, PopUp traffic works better than PopUnder since people can immediately see the advertising site, and in the case of PopUnder they will need to open the second tab, but some people may not find it.
There are a special type of traffic. It calls redirect-traffic. Its principle is based on Pop traffic, but in this case, when you click on a specific location on the site, you will be automatically redirected to the advertiser's site. That is, there is a complete replacement of the original site. Usually this method is used doorway pages and other low-quality sites, because good sites are not ready to give all their traffic to advertisers. That is, in this case, people do not see the publisher's page. They see an advertisement instead of original site's page.
Among the main characteristics of the POP traffic I can identify:
- Disinterest. Since advertising site opens without the user's wish, as people do not consciously clicks on a banner, text ad, this traffic can be considered disinterested. That is, people saw the advertisement of the product / service that they didn't look yet.
- Example: A man came to the porn-tube to watch videos, clicked on the menu on the "Categories" section, and in a new tab (over, behind or instead of the original site - depending on PopUp, popUnder or Redirect is that) he has a new opened tab with our site, as we are the advertisers. Quite a number of people, seeing such advertising first of all think: "What is that?" "Why I see this page?", Then the part of people will close the advertising site, another part read information with a large grain of salt, and the third part will read the site and make the necessary action ( registration / purchase of goods etc...).
- Low-conversion rate. Based on the 1st point (Disinterest) only a small amount of people will make a lead. So we receive a lot of traffic, but a small % of people will do an action. So our conversion rate (CR), EPV (earn per visit) and EPC (earn per click) won't be so big. But do not underestimate Pop traffic. It has its advantages, which make it possible to work with this kind of traffic quite comfortable.
- You can buy a pop-traffic from any country. All counties have this type of traffic and you can work with any country which you want.
- A big amount of traffic. You can buy a lot of visitors. Really a lot! So if you're buying 1 000 000 visits per day - that's not so much! As we don't have banners, text ads etc, and all people will see our ad, we'll receive a lot of traffic.
- Cheapness. You can buy 1000 visits (1000 people who will see your site) for only 0.5-2$. But don't think that that is a Goldmine, remember 1 and 2 point.
- Easy to run. For pop-traffic you don't need banners, images, texts etc. You need only a link! So your main weapon is a Landing Page.
Working in the Affiliate Marketing involves working with many countries, including the most exotic. We can easy make a campaign for Nigeria or Thailand. But let's define with tiers or country rating. I want to say that there're a lot of different meanings of which countries are included in tiers. I will tell you only my opinion and managers' who I spoke.
Assignment of each individual country a certain level is an assessment of factors such as:
- The country is developed or developing
- Average earnings in the country
- GDP level
- A quality of life in the country
In total there are 3 groups of countries or 3 tiers:
Tier # 1:
This includes the richest and most developed countries of the world. This is the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, as well as the richest and most influential countries in Europe: Germany, England, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, Spain, Italy, France etc...
Tier # 2:
This group includes all the other European countries, rich and developed asian countries (Singapore, China, Vietnam, Taiwan ...), Africa (the United Arab Emirates, South Africa ...) and Latin America (Argentina, ...).
Tier # 3:
Here are all the other countries: Honduras, Laos, etc ...).
As you might guess, the higher the tier the:
- Traffic is expensive
- More Competition
- Payments are higher
- Rules are stricter
Generally speaking, don't be afraid of "cool" countries, because you can find very good offers with a good ROI. On the other hand, I recommend to start with 2-3 tiers, because your test will be cheaper.
Traffic cycle in nature
The scheme of traffic movements can be represented like this, as shown in the picture below.
As you can see there're some elements:
- Publisher's site - it's a site which will give as a traffic. The owner of the website places a JS code, which he gets from the traffic source. And after that he will earn money from his site. A traffic source will pay him money for each person who this site sends to the advertisers. So if we have traffic from this site, this site earns and we spend money.
- Traffic source - that's an advertising network which connect publishers and advertisers. And this company will take a % of publisher's earnings.
- Tracker - it's a system which helps us to separate and analyse our traffic.
- Landing Page - it's a page on our domain which people will see. So it's our main weapon.
- Affilate Network - you can already know it's a place where we will send our traffid and make money.
- Offer's site - it's a page where people will do an action. And after an action on this page we will get money from AN.
下一篇将继续讲解 Offer、Vertical 和 Network.